I have come to the realisation that I enjoy travelling and, more importantly, this is a driver for me to become financially independent. Travel is the primary motivator for me to run my blogs and to help others initiate cash flow creating behaviours.

So with this in mind, I am going to document my travels, with pictures and video as I go along. Please visit back now and again and see the wonderful places the world has to offer.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

TYTO Wetlands, Ingham







I wasn't expecting much from TYTO, a hidden wetland area near Ingham. The council has spent a lot of money on the fancy information center and a new mini boutique shopping precinct is coming too, yet my expectations were not high for the wetlands. Of course, the locals have been talking about it and it was time for a visit.

To be honest, I quite enjoyed the place. Taking the 750m walk from the carpark, I suddenly realised that this place exists so close to Ingham, yet it very quickly becomes very green and bushy, an entrance to the natural tropical north, a place of peace and quiet. Yes, of course you could hear the trucks on the Bruce Highway, but there were moments of quiet and tranquility. If you play World of Warcraft, you'll know what I mean. That 750m walk is just like those parts of the game where you have to run between the towns and cities. It transforms very quickly into a different world.

The wetlands themselves, as you can see, is visually superb, especially late afternoon when we were there. Wildlife everywhere watching us watching them, and the clouds reflecting off the water was beautiful.

The wetlands is a one minute detour of the Bruce Highway on the way to Cairns at Ingham, next time you're up, have a quick squiz, you may enjoy it...

No comments:

Post a Comment