I have come to the realisation that I enjoy travelling and, more importantly, this is a driver for me to become financially independent. Travel is the primary motivator for me to run my blogs and to help others initiate cash flow creating behaviours.

So with this in mind, I am going to document my travels, with pictures and video as I go along. Please visit back now and again and see the wonderful places the world has to offer.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Victoria Mini Trip, 2011


It's been some time since my last post here, the addition of a little man to our travels has meant much more home time and a lot of local day-tripping, rather than 'holidays'. None the less, Alex was old enough for us to try a trip interstate, and we gave Victoria a go during Easter.

A word first of all about travelling with a young toddler. Alex was, on the whole, excellent on the trip, BUT, there were times when we were tearing our hair out from the frustrations this little man caused in some of the places we visited. For example, Melinda and I walked into a dumplings restaurant in Melbourne's China Town, a very popular and busy place. The noise made by patrons was enough to mask some of Alex's wailing, but it got to a point where I had to take him outside, he was a right royal pain in the bum. I forgive him, he is only little, there will be more times like this ahead. Perhaps it was a little bit early to try this trip, and I think if we have done it later, like the holidays coming up in July, he would have been much better to travel with.

Secondly, I'll make a quick note that lugging prams and luggage up and down motel rooms over and over again (since we were staying in a new place almost daily early in the trip), I would have much preferred a campervan. All of our stuff would have been set up on the first day and I wouldn't have had to break my back over and over again, making what felt like hundreds of trips to the car.

We had a busy but great time. The Great Ocean Road was excellent even though the weather was overcast. Ballarat was perhaps my favourite part of the trip, loved Sovereign Hill and the town that's dotted with thousands of deciduous trees. Melbourne was fun and Brighton Beach Beach Huts, brilliant.









No comments:

Post a Comment